How Montgomery Place is addressing COVID-19
Montgomery Place is following the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Chicago Department of Public Health and our medical directors, who are on staff at University of Chicago Medical Center. We take seriously the threat of COVID-19, especially for our residents.
We continue to implement practices as circumstances in Illinois evolve. This commitment may require augmenting our current protocols to safeguard the well-being of residents and employees. We are grateful to report there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our community.
We appreciate the cooperation of residents and their families as our staff takes precautions by following experts’ guidelines about containing contagious viruses.
1. No visitors are allowed in our building
2. All common areas including dining and meeting rooms are closed
3. All residents’ gatherings and bus trips are cancelled
4. Temperatures are checked daily for all residents and staff members
5. The polling place, hosted by our community, is cancelled with the Board of Elections
Montgomery Place already has taken steps for everyone’s well-being as we have
1. Instructed staff and residents about using hand sanitizers available throughout our building and about employing social distancing
2. Increased daily housekeeping protocols for common areas as well as our bus and vehicles
3. Confirmed we will receive all necessary supplies for healthcare, pharmaceutical, dining and housekeeping services from our purveyors
We empathize with your desire to spend time with residents. And, we recognize you are being asked to extend yourself to think first about how your actions might affect someone else. This is no ordinary time.
To expedite communication today, please call 773-617-1317 so we can respond as quickly as possible.